I have made my professional home in the Drama Department at the The University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music since 1990.
The Drama Department at CCM is recognized nationwide for its quality and history of training successful young actors. Our “first-rate BFA program in acting” (Backstage) creates graduates who are following careers in theatre, fim, television, and in national media. It is widely recognized for its intensive training and comprehensive Conservatory approach to training the whole actor.
Dramatic performance training at CCM includes:
- A rigorous acting curriculum that includes intensive Viewpoints and Suzuki training, and intensive training in the Meisner, Morris, and Chekhov techniques.
- A dedicated voice production sequence, including work in Alba Emoting, and intensive dialect and voice-over work.
- A dedicated movement for the actor sequence, including a full year of Stage Combat with an SAFD certified Fight master and a full year of Mask Characterization.
- Showcases that provide a bridge to the profession: Senior Showcases are presented in New York and Los Angeles for agents, managers and casting directors.
- A comprehensive performance season with four dramas and a festival of student created new works presented in a variety of performance spaces.
The 2013-2014 school year is our 31st year of training actors who earn the BFA in Dramatic Performance degree from the College-Conservatory of Music (CCM) at the University of Cincinnati.
CCM Drama is a unique and special program. What makes us special? The people. The CCM Drama faculty is a motivated core of theatre specialists, and each passionately shares a specific training. We know and care about our students and are not afraid to encourage you to reach for ever higher heights, to push you to places you may not have the courage to visit alone.
CCM Drama students are motivated, passionate, and unique. We love interesting and interested students, young artists with a point of view and something to share. Passion, discipline and professionalism are key elements needed for success in our high powered program. Dedication to long hours of creative work in the classroom, the studio and the rehearsal room will reap great rewards in your four years of study.
CCM Drama has a limited enrollment and accepts students by audition only because of our high standards and our desire to offer personalized attention and training. Our retention evaluation at the end of the first two years of study ensures a serious and like-minded student body, eager to push themselves as an ensemble to greater and greater heights.
To make a direct donation to CCM Drama simply click on the link below.
Click on the TAPAA button
(Department of Theatre Arts, Production, and Arts Administration)
Click on one time gift on the right
Use drop-down menu to designate DRAMA
Proceed with the payment process